Holiday Courses Outlines
Week 1 (5/01 – 8/01)
- 4 Days (05/01 – 08/01) Reading Club
Why? (max of 8 Students)
- Exposes world of imagination
- Mind development
- Develops language skills
- Inferential questions
- Character building
- Character analysis
- Analysing plots
- Evaluating text
- Reading for meaning and decoding of text for younger kids
Adv Yr 1 & Yr 2 Reading Club (4 days 12:00pm – 1:30pm) $265
Novel: “The Twits”
Yr 3 & Yr 4 Reading (4 days 1:30pm – 3:30pm) $285
Novel: “ Wonder”
Yr 5 & Yr 6 Reading (4 days 10:00am – 12:00pm) $330
Book 1 – “Escape”
- 4 Days intensive Phonics
Intensive Phonics program available 30 mins $60, book your schedule
- 4 Days English Writing Program
Yr 7 to Yr 9 English Writing-“How to have something interesting to say and saying it clearly” (10:00am – 11:30am) $650
- How to engage an audience
- How to spark the interest
- How to notice things
- How to make connection
- Clear expression
About The Tutor
Mr Stephen Stoneham has taught at the finest independent schools in Sydney, England and the USA and also at universities. He is also an author. It is rare to have the opportunity to be taught by an experienced teacher with many years of successful HSC results behind him who also happens to be a published author.
- 5/01 to 8/01 Art Workshops 12:15pm – 1:45pm $55
Options: Water Colour bookmarks, 3D art work, clay, canvas drawing – hand bag
1 day $55 2 days $110 3 days $165 4 days $220
5/01 & 6/01 Art Workshops 10:00am – 11:30am
1 day $55 2 days $110
- 7/01 & 8/01 DIY Workshops 10:00am – 12:00pm 1 day $60, 2 days $120
21/01 & 22/01 DIY Workshops 1:30pm-3:30pm 1 day $60, 2 days $120
your children will be experiencing:
(products may vary on the day, below are the suggested products)
- Handmade Soap
- Natural Bath Bombs
- Lip Balm with Beeswax
- Foaming hand soap
All made with 100% pure essential oils and naturally wholesome ingredients.
Mary Alonti is a professional beauty therapist and educator with over 20 years of industry experience. In the last 6 years, Mary has spent hundreds of hours learning, about ‘greener’ alternatives to the toxic chemical laden items we use daily. Sharing this knowledge is what she is most passionate about.
Week 2 (18/01 – 22/01)
1 5 Days intensive Phonics
Intensive Phonics program available 30 mins $60, book your schedule
2 5 Days Reading Club
- Yr 1 Reading Club (Thinking skill 10:30am-11:30am) $250
- Yr 7 Reading group: 1:00am – 3:00pm $400
Novel: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
This reading group focus on historical context which address:
- Understand the significance of contextual elements in the purpose of a text
- Understand and appreciate the significance of historical events in non-fiction texts
- Gain enhanced understanding of the features of diary entries
- Support claim(s) with logical reasoning and relevant evidence
- Write creatively using features of diaries
- Understand the conventions of non-fiction texts, in particular diaries
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text
- Write arguments in response to questions with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
- With some guidance and support, develop and strengthen skills in writing
- Draw evidence from text to support reflection
- Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions
- Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking
3. 5 Days Variating English Programs
- Yr 1 Comprehensive English 11:30am – 1:00pm $320
- Yr 2 Creative Writing Time: 11:00am – 1:00pm $420
Discuss and explore different forms of writing
- Yr 3 & Yr 4 Creative Writing 11:00am – 1:00am $450
- Yr 5 & Yr 6 Comprehension & Writing Time: 9:00am – 11:00am $475
- Yr7 & Yr8 Global issues and discursive writing 10:00am-12:00pm $650
Explore current affairs and global issues. Choose a topic and investigate it from different angles. Learn the skills of discursive writing and how to draft, edit and produce a feature article on a global issue.
Your teacher, Sara Verge, is a former journalist and current high-school English teacher.
4. 5 Days Fun Maths
Yr 3 & Yr 4 Fun Maths 9:00am – 11:00am $450
Fun Maths is designed to teach the major strategies of problem solving, to foster mathematical creativity, and to stimulate enthusiasm.
5. 3 Days (18/01 to 20/01) MRT Robotics (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) Time: 1:40pm – 3:40pm
Collaborate with Project Robot https://projectrobot.com.au
Beginner level: construction side $270
Intermediate level: graphic compiler programing, control own robotics projects $300
Advanced level: build and program problem-solving based robotics projects. $300
In each of our robotics class, our students will learn to build their own robots from scratch along with learning key engineering concepts so that they can develop both their theory and practical skills. Younger students at the foundation and beginner levels will concentrate on perfecting the construction side of the program. Intermediate level students will be learning to use our graphic based compiler to program and control their own robotics projects. Advanced level students will be building and programming their problem-solving based robotics projects.
For further information, please visit www.projectrobot.com.au
6. 5 Days Yr 7 &Yr 8 Beginners Latin Workshop (Going onto Yr7 /Yr8 2021)
18/01 – 20/01 & 23/01 & 24/01 Time: 12:30pm – 2:30pm $950 small class
If you are going into High School and will be studying Latin, this course is designed to give you a headstart!
All the textbooks are catered for and we will look at what Latin is all about at the beginner level and learn some important rules and concepts.
From there we will begin to learn new vocabulary and apply it to real Latin translations, as we learn about aspects of Roman culture!
By the end of the course you will feel confident about taking Latin in High School.
Week 11/1 to 15/1 Latin Holiday Workshops (High School)
Our focus is your HSC/IB, top teacher, top result
Yr 11 Preparation Workshop (going onto Yr 11 2021) $1250 small class (Face to Face) 10:00am – 12:00pm
*The aim of this course is to prepare students for senior Latin, in preparation for the HSC and IB Latin courses.
*Unseen translation techniques are covered
*Discussion and preparation for studying Latin texts in the original format
*Consolidation of any grammar that students need to cover
*Discussion of the various authors
An overview of both the HSC and IB Latin courses, such as syllabuses and nature of assessments, including recent changes to the IB syllabus for 2021
Yr 12 Consolidation Workshop (Consolidation on Yr 11 works and head start of Yr 12 $1250 1:00pm – 3:00pm
The course will cover the HSC and IB syllabuses. Past papers will be examined and content will be discussed in advance of the school year 2021.